I was sure I had scoured every thrift shop in Jackson County, but I missed one. A pretty decent one too - how did that happen? This yellow chair was almost the first thing that caught my eye when I opened the door. Loved the price tag, so I snagged it!
Even though the paint was rusty and chippy, I couldn't bring myself to change the awesome bright retro yellow.
The seat, however, could not be saved. Not only did it need some recovering action, but a little Febreeze action as well!
A wet rag simply would not do the trick. However, way more grime came off than I anticipated once I broke out the "barkeeper's friend" aka Comet.
I used a piece of this massive sofa sectional slip cover for the fabric....
Then hit up The Graphics Fairy for a dragonfly image to transfer onto it.
I used the same transfer method I wrote about HERE.
I have never, EVER used anything but my staple gun to recover a seat cushion. But... as I was getting ready to put this on, my glue gun was plugged in and hot next to me so I picked it up and tried it out. I figured maybe since this was rather porous material and the bottom of the seat was pressed wood, it might actually adhere pretty good. I waited until it was cooled off and did the "yank test". It didn't budge. Fine by me - hot glue it is!
And that's a wrap. :)