So after a year, I think most of you might be getting to me pretty well. But a few years back, on Facebook, there was this thing going around where you were supposed to type up 25 random things about yourself. I've never done one of those "things" before, but I decided to do that one. So just for fun today, and so you can get to know some random things about me, I copied and pasted it for your reading....... pleasure(?) today!
1. I am addicted to garage sales and I need help. My amazing husband is quite tolerant of my addiction and even accompanies me from time to time.
|The man who puts up with all my craziness. There will be a special place in Heaven for him! Married almost 11 years!!|
2. An old man tried to break into my stall in a public bathroom in a grocery store once while I was doing my thing. (Read about that HERE).
3. I fell off a chairlift on a ski trip in MN and landed a few feet from a river. THANKS JEREMY. :)
4. Once I stopped at a house and snooped all through a man’s things, asking how much stuff was and then he finally said, “Lady, I’m not having a garage sale!” OOOPS.
5. I got sent to driving school once for a really high speeding ticket. It didn’t work obviously, I haven’t slowed down much.
6. I really, really, really dislike being pregnant and wish I could have a surrogate mom to carry my babies!! (though I'm extremely THANKFUL I can get pregnant and pray for those who have difficulties)
|of course they were worth every second!! (Pictured with my youngest and oldest)|
7. Getting laser eye surgery was one of the best things I’ve ever done! I’m so thankful for today’s technology!!
8. When I'm really dirty, I love a good bath. Nothing like getting out and seeing that black ring around the tub - the darker the better! Makes me feel like I had a good day of work and earned my bath. :)
9. As a kid, I used to collect live toads. Sometimes I put them in a sack after church at night until a boy stole one and threw it up on the roof.
10. My mom still sews lots of my clothes.
11. When I was 17 I woke up at 2:00 AM to our house on fire. Then came the adventures of the" pink house" and living next door to the Stickfort’s for 6 months!
12. I rode my bike to Garnavillo, IA from Cedar Falls (along with my hubby, Dad, and some friends) one day – 92 miles – then got in the car and drove 7 hours to Michigan and Tim had to carry me in the house cuz my leg muscles seized up and wouldn’t work anymore!
13. I was born again when I was 12 years old, drifted a long way off, but experienced God’s grace and forgiveness in a way that for a few years there, I didn’t think was possible. “ For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Rom 8:38, 39
14. I was a dreaded telemarketer and sometimes I had to throw up before starting calls it made me so sick.
15. Someday I want to raise chickens and goats. I want my kids to have some of the same experiences I did growing up! (update: we now have four laying hens! Still working on the hubby to get some goats.)
16. I LOVE facial scars. I didn’t let Tim get stitches over his eyebrow once because I wanted the scar. It faded after a year. :(
17. I hardly ever go out to eat unless I have a gift card. (Or there’s a dollar menu!)
18. I have a closet full of boots. Over 20 pairs! High heel boots, fur boots, flat boots, cowboy boots, you name it. I LOVE BOOTS.
19. In the summer, I drink a chocolate malt almost every day.
20. My sister and I know each others thoughts without speaking.
|Pulling off the thug theme. Or not...|
21. I mow lawns for extra money. Have for years.
22. I think most safety laws STINK. (Click here for my thoughts on bike helmets!)
23. I love the rolling plains of Iowa!
24. I think it's sweet when Tim brings me flowers, but why spend the money - they're just going to die!
25. At 4’ 10” tall, I qualify for a handicap parking sticker.